On today’s pod, Jack Borman (Canis Hoopus) joins me live from Target Center to pick apart the dismantling that was the Minnesota Timberwolves loss to the Washington Wizards. We dig into why the D’Angelo Russell Experience has thus far been rough, and what needs to change.
We also discuss what other adjustments need to be made for this Timberwolves team to remain somewhat competitive in Karl-Anthony Towns’ absence, including:
- Figuring out how to synergize Russell and Ricky Rubio
- Why the lack of frontcourt size is leading the Wolves to bleed out defensively
- Who should be defending Bradley Beal?
- Will Saunders begin to use a platoon rotation?
- What is the proper role for Anthony Edwards
- Should the roster need to be adjusted before the deadline?
- Does trading for PJ Tucker no longer make sense if KAT is going to be out long-term?