Let’s take stock of the Andrew Wiggins-D’Angelo Russell trade and regrade it one year after the fact. On today’s pod, we go into the details of that deal, including:
- The draft pick compensation
- Wiggins’ fit in Golden State
- DLo’s fit in with the Minnesota Timberwolves
- The Omari Spellman and Jacob Evans luxury tax wrinkle
- What was the overall cost for the Timberwolves to swap out Wiggins for Russell?
We also get into a few observations from the loss in Golden State, including:
- How both Anthony Edwards and James Wiseman are now both coming off of the bench and how that feels like the best path in this weird COVID season
- The impact on the Wolves’ offense of not having Ricky Rubio or Russell being an at-rim scorer
- Why Jordan McLaughlin might not be the Timberwolves’ best point guard but why he fits the Timberwolves system best.