D’Angelo Russell said after the Minnesota Timberwolves’ fourth consecutive loss on Sunday to the Denver Nuggets that he doesn’t think this team is “ready to win yet” because they are “still figuring out how to lose.” On today’s pod, we playback Russell’s postgame comments and talk about how this team, in fact, does not look ready to win yet. We get into:
- How Ed Davis moving into the starting lineup helped to get Russell going
- Finding an offensive identity through a pick and roll-driven offense.
- Why Russell and Ricky Rubio only shared the floor for 50 seconds against Denver after playing about 12 minutes together per game previously
- Malik Beasley’s 25-point, 7-rebound and 5-assist performance against his former team
- And we asked the question: Can this team be expected to win any games in Karl-Anthony Towns’ absence?