On today’s show, Britt Robson of The Athletic joins the show to discuss his latest story detailing Chris Finch’s plan for fixing the Minnesota Timberwolves’ defense. Britt and Dane discuss Britt’s reporting on the story — including interviews with Finch, Elston Turner, Jaden McDaniels, amongst other — and just what Timberwolves fane should expect in terms of Finch’s plan to make the Wolves at least a mediocre defensive team. Additionally, Dane and Britt go into some of the other breadcrumbs that have fallen out of the first three days of Timberwolves training camp.
- How Finch has used the Denver Nuggets defensive model with Nikola Jokic as a guideline for what the Wolves will be running
- The differences between this scheme and what Tom Thibodeau and Ryan Saunders ran, and what this will ask of Karl-Anthony Towns and the rest of the roster
- The importance of the defensive “low man” role that Jarred Vanderbilt, Jaden McDaniels and Taurean Prince will need to fill
- Other audacious Finch plans. Plans that carry a risk, but, if executed, could increase the Wolves ceiling
- The Timberwolves being one of the smallest teams in the NBA, and new defensive coordinator Elston Turner’s experience coaching a smaller roster in Houston