On today’s show, we have instant takeaways from the Minnesota Timberwolves 18-point loss to the Orlando Magic Monday night, dipping the Wolves’ record to 3-3 on the season. The loss brought questions about shot selection and the season’s first installment of the injury bug. Topics discussed include:
- How this loss felt a lot like “The Old Wolves”
- Again raising the question: Does Karl-Anthony Towns need to be shooting more?
- Why the Wolves shot selection suggests an offensive burst should be coming
- The first bad defensive game in a season where the defense has exceeded expectations
- Injury fallout, and what will change if Patrick Beverley, D’Angelo Russell or Naz Reid have to miss time with their injuries
- The KAT and Naz pairing resurfacing
- How Orlando played good chess, exploiting the Wolves defensive scheme and shooting shortcomings