Everything the Minnesota Timberwolves run on both sides of the ball makes so much more sense with Karl-Anthony Towns in the lineup. On today’s pod, we get into how this plays out and which players we saw this specifically impact against the Toronto Raptors on Sunday night.
- Why the Timberwolves spread offense was destined to fail without a presence like KAT, who actually causes the defense to shift
- Why it wasn’t a coincidence that Anthony Edwards had his most-efficient shooting night (from 2) while KAT was out there next to him
- How Edwards’ skillset is proving to overlap more with D’Angelo Russell’s than it does Malik Beasley’s — and why that’s not necessarily a bad thing
- KAT unlocking the dunker spot — and Jarred Vanderbilt took advantage of that
- How Ricky Rubio runs on the competence that KAT provides