On today’s pod, we discuss how Malik Beasley represents whatever good there has been during this dismal start to the season by the Minnesota Timberwolves. In another flat Timberwolves loss in Dallas on Monday, Beasley’s 22 fourth quarter points, on seven-consecutive made shots, stood out as a lone bright spot. In addition to Beasley, today’s topics include:
- Beasley becoming not only the best player but the leader of the 2020-21 Wolves
- Josh Okogie and Ricky Rubio getting back in rhythm a bit after recent cold streaks
- What in the world happened to D’Angelo Russell, who only played the first six minutes of the game?
- Why I would use minutes played as evidence of the Wolves not chasing “marginal wins”
- Juancho Hernangomez returns
- Jaylen Nowell’s eighth-consecutive double-digit scoring night, and his continued hot shooting since entering the rotation (37% from 3, 56% from 2)
- Will Jarrett Culver take Nowell’s minutes when he returns?