The Minnesota Timberwolves defensive scheme is officially changing under Chris Finch. We saw the early signals of change in the first game after the All-Star break against the New Orleans Pelicans on Thursday and saw a whole new level of change against the Portland Trailblazers on Saturday. On today’s pod we get into the breadcrumbs of the change and why it’s important.
- The Wolves history of awful team defense in Karl-Anthony Towns’ career
- Finch believing a “bend but don’t break” defensive philosophy is not best for this roster (audio included)
- Finch’s willingness to use KAT as a perimeter defender and how that shifts the Wolves defensive balance
- KAT’s excitement level for doing something defensively he’s always felt he could do but has never been asked to do (audio included)
- Juancho Hernangomez and Jaylen Nowell making cases to be a part of the rotation going forward