On today’s podcast, Britt Robson of The Athletic joins the show to discuss his column on how the joy of Anthony Edwards is coming to redefine the blueprint of the Minnesota Timberwolves — both in the present and into the future. Britt and I discuss:
- The theoretically cumbersome fit of Malik Beasley and D’Angelo Russell once they return from injury and suspension in the coming weeks.
- Does Gersson Rosas need to consider trading one of Beasley, Russell or Ricky Rubio — perhaps at the deadline — so as to adjust to this new version of Edwards and his seemingly prolific pairing with Karl-Anthony Towns?
- If no trade is made, does someone need to move to the bench? If so, who?
- How does Edwards’ 19 year-old personality compare to Kevin Garnett’s personality at 19?
- Do the Timberwolves need a “savior” to keep the franchise in Minnesota?
(If you can’t access the Spotify player, click here to listen to the latest episode.)
Thunder/Wolves Recap Podcast
And here is Monday night’s gamer pod, on the loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Edwards frustrated about being benched down the stretch
- Does Finch have a shorter leash for poor performances than Saunders did?
- What is contributing to KAT shooting a career-worst from 2-point range this season?
- How is KAT’s wrist impacting his play?