There’s less than 20 hours before the NBA trade deadline (Thursday at 2:00 p.m. CST) and we have yet to see any notable moves. However things are never set in stone with Gersson Rosas at the wheel, for better or worse. Will this be the last time we see this iteration of the Timberwolves?
I’m not ready to say goodbye yet... again.
Who: Dallas Mavericks (22-19; 9th) at Minnesota Timberwolves (10-33; 15th)
When: 7:00 pm CST
TV: Fox Sports North (streaming on the Fox Sports Go app)
Radio: 830 WCCO AM Radio
What To Watch For
- Regarding that trade deadline, this may very well be the last time Rosas & Co. get to show-off their “talent.” Will he mandate Finch to give Jarrett Culver significantly more playing time tonight? Will Josh Okogie going 4 of 5 from perimeter do anything? What if Ed Davis arises from the bench and shuts down Kristaps Porzingis in the 2nd half?
Jarrett Culver não liga se 90% da NBA Twitter ama de paixão o atleta Luka Doncic.— Timberwíbis Brasil (de ) (@twolves_brasil) December 5, 2019
Ele não gosta. pic.twitter.com/HyWhF4sQaT
- Anthony Edwards was benched during the comeback effort against the Thunder on Monday. Both Coach Finch and Edwards himself were disappointed with his game, but it appears they’ve watched film together while toasting some marshmallows in the Bahamas. We’ll need every drop of defensive effort from him tonight.
The rookie Anthony Edwards stopped Luka on this one pic.twitter.com/yeRIZPSHvT— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 18, 2020
- It’s always fun to see Luka Doncic in action. He’s fresh off a 37-point performance (On a ridiculous 19 FGA) as his Mavericks slayed the Blazers by 40. Yes, FORTY. I’ll have a hard time believing that our swiss cheese defense will be able to keep Luka from duplicating the success he had in Portland, especially after 2 days of rest.
- Will we get a James Johnson revenge game tonight? He’s been out since March 11 due to a personal matter, but will be active tonight. These were the days, huh?
James Johnson is already doing the “ice in my veins” celebration with his new teammate DLo ❄️ pic.twitter.com/d3Z0Az8Mqo— Def Pen Hoops (@DefPenHoops) February 9, 2020
(The return of G-League Jordan!)
Willie Cauley-Stein (health and safety protocols) and Tyrell Terry (personal reasons) will miss tonight’s game in Minnesota.— Mavs PR (@MavsPR) March 24, 2021
James Johnson (personal reasons) has re-joined the team and will be available to play.
- Ant will Yuta™ Kristaps tonight. Mark my words. I mean, Porzingis is tall, but he’s no Moses Brown. Ant will inefficiently gun his way to 30 points.
- KAT will unfortunately, but carelessly fall on his injured wrist at least twice. We should start keep track of which happens more often: Bad fall attempts vs. Illegal screens set.
- After Josh Okogie unties Luka’s shoelace between free throw attempts, Doncic will take it out on the Wolves to the tune of 52 points. Damn it, Josh.
- Jaylen Nowell will continue his efficient scoring tonight. We’ll get a fun back-and-forth between him and Tim Hardaway Jr. when the Wolves are down 20 in the 3rd quarter.
- Timberwolves lose, 118-135, but look forward to their back-to-back against the Houston Rockets this week.
Josh Okogie is a late scratch after being entered into the health and safety protocols.— Jon Krawczynski (@JonKrawczynski) March 24, 2021
He is out for precautionary testing, team says
(LATE UPDATE: Josh Okogie is out due to contact tracing, not trade related)