What does the sale of the Minnesota Timberwolves from Glen Taylor to Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore mean for the future of the organization? On today’s show, we dig into how the news of the Timberwolves being sold will have a profound impact on whatever the Timberwolves will become — and where they will become it. We discuss:
- How new ownership hints at the possibility of more organizational competence while removing the guarantee that the Timberwolves will forever be in Minnesota
- The significant hurdles that would need to be overcome to move the Wolves
- The similarities and differences between the ownership change that happened in Seattle before the Sonics were moved to Oklahoma City
- The excitement around the organization about change — including Karl-Anthony Towns’ love for A-Rod
- What impact might an ownership change have on the future of the Gersson Rosas regime?
- How the two-year mentorship window between Taylor and Rodriguez/Lore lines up with KAT’s future and his next contract