Since Chris Finch took over as the head coach, Karl-Anthony Towns has frequently been defending on the perimeter, guarding big wings — and is playing some of his best individual defense of his career. What if this became a full-time thing? What if the Minnesota Timberwolves traded for Myles Turner? On today’s pod, after surrendering 141 points to the short-handed Indiana Pacers, we discuss what needs to change for the Wolves defensively, and ask if trading for Turner is a path worth considering.
- Anthony Edwards postgame comments about the Timberwolves defense
- How Chris Finch has been using KAT on the perimeter defensively more often
- The impact of elite rim defenders in today’s NBA
- What Myles Turner would bring to the Wolves
- Using what Denver traded for Aaron Gordon as a guideline for what it would theoretically cost the Wolves to acquire Turner this offseason