With another win on Sunday night in Orlando, this time in blowout fashion, the likelihood that the Minnesota Timberwolves fall to the Number Six slot in the lottery has greatly increased. On today’s pod, we weigh the value winning since the All Star Break (14-18) against the drop in the likelihood that the Wolves keep their pick this summer (probably a 12.5% drop — down from 40.1% to 27.6%).
- Why the No. 6 slot now seems most likely
- Has winning since the break had a significant impact on how bought-in D’Angelo Russell is?
- How good exactly have the Wolves been since the break? Is 11th on offense that big of a deal if they’ve still been 28th on defense?
- What have been the “soft” values of trying — culture, habits, etc?
- Where is Karl-Anthony Towns’ head at going into the offseason?