Through their first ten games, the Minnesota Timberwolves stumbled into a 5-5 record. There have been stretches of really good play, but those have been widely outnumbered by immense struggles. While effort issues caused many of the woes this team faced early on, those have somewhat subsided and this Wolves squad has still struggled to find consistent success.
The issues run deeper than the two big lineup. That takeaway is lazy and uninformed. There are problems with the guards, the forwards and the bigs. There are problems on both defense and offense.
The Wolves put together a solid win against the Rockets on Saturday with Rudy Gobert out of the lineup. The ball movement was great. The spacing made sense. Which begs the question: Is Rudy Gobert the root of the Timberwolves problems so far this season?
Brendan Hedtke and Doug West, hosts of the Bleav in Timberwolves podcast, dive into that question on their latest episode.
Along with that question, the pair looks into a number of things related to this Wolves’ team, including:
- What has been the biggest surprise for you with this team so far?
- What has been your biggest disappointment?
- What have you noticed that is not working for this team?
- How will teams target the Wolves throughout the year?
- Who has stood out the most?
- What is your confidence level that this team is going to figure it out and win 50 games?
& so more!
With both of their coaching experience, the duo is able to take a look at the Wolves problems under that game manager lens and dive into what Coach Finch may do to figure this thing out.